Effective: November 1, 2022
1. Important Information About Using Our Services
2. What Information We Collect
- Using any of our Services, including registering for a User Account through the Website(s)
- Making a purchase from us, including registering and enrolling in any Online Course
- Signing up for email updates
- Uploading or posting to public forums included through the Services
- Submitting requests or questions to us via forms or email
- Requesting customer support and technical assistance
The types of data we may collect directly from you include:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address
- Log-in credentials, if you register a User Account with us
- Information about purchases or other transactions with us. Please note, however, that we do not collect, store, or transmit financial account information. Instead, we use a third-party payment processor to process our payments
- Information about your customer service and maintenance interactions with us
- Demographic information, such as your gender, socio-economic status, and other personal information
- Information you provide to us in connection with any application or admissions process, including, for example, educational and work experience, prerequisite knowledge, any pre-assessment you complete, your goals, and other information
- Information you provide in connection with career services, for example, salary information, job placement information, career goals, work experience, and other information
- User-generated content you upload or post to public forums through the Services. Information needed in order to comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Information from third parties about you in connection with any referral programs we may offer
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services
Participation in Online Courses. If you desire to participate in an Online Course, you may be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such an Online Course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address. Talisium, or its third-party service providers, may also collect certain information from you in conjunction with assignments, exams and other assessments related to the Online Course. For example, as part of a proctored exam for an Online Course or to process your credential of completion for an accredited program, Talisium (or its third party service providers) may collect certain information from you in order to (a) verify or authenticate your identity or submissions made by you, such as a signature for a test or assignment log, a photograph or recording of you (e.g., using a webcam) or information included on a government issued or other photo identification card or document, or (b) monitor your performance during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable test rules or requirements (e.g., confirming that you are not using prohibited resources). Talisium may also collect information from you or about your performance or accomplishments related to the course, such as quiz/exam scores, grades, project evaluations, teacher evaluations and other evaluations of your performance or accomplishments.
Profiles and Career Services. You can choose to share additional information, such as your work experience, resume and transcript, your picture, and answers to questions about your experience, studies and work preferences, when you create a professional profile through the career services we offer through our Services. You can also share information by updating your Profile, uploading documents, or answering questions or surveys we email you or present to you through our Services. Collectively, the professional profile and the materials you provide through the Website(s) are referred to as simply your “Profile.”
Please note, that by using the Services you are electing to make your Profile public and you acknowledge that:
- Your Profile and all the included information, materials, documents and pictures will be shared with, and publicly viewed by, other third parties also accessing the career services portal and the Services (including without limitation, potential employers, recruiters, other students or persons, and us);
- Employers and other third parties accessing the career services portal can contact you via your email address (or any other contact information you have provided in your Profile); and
- You and We can share your Profile and all the included information, materials, documents and pictures with employers, recruiters or career related third parties.
Information We Collect Through Automated Means
Information We Collect from Social Media and Other Content Platforms
3. How We Use The Information We Collect
- Send you information in connection with the Services
- Respond to your communications and requests
- Manage and process Online Courses, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion; administering exams, projects, and other assessments; verifying a User’s identity as part of a proctored exam or exit interview for an Online Course; and monitoring performance during an exam to confirm that you are abiding by the applicable testing rules or requirements
- Provide Services to you, such as services that you request in conjunction with the Online Courses
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone (including via SMS messages) regarding Talisium and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
- Customise the content we provide through the Services
- Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
- Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of the Services
- Secure the Services
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others
4. How We Share and Disclose Your Information
- Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, eLearning platforms, test proctoring, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
- Employers. We may share the information that we collect from you when you participate in an Online Course if the course is sponsored or paid for by your employer or another organisation. For example, we may share with your employer or sponsor pre-assessment results, the Online Courses you are interested in, your progress in the course, including project status, time spent actively involved in or with an Online Course or interacting with other learners, and/or evaluations and performance assessments. If your employer has access to the Website, then your employer will have the ability to view your Profile information and materials. This information may be shared at any time during the course or afterwards.
- Educational Institutions and Scholarship Partners. If you are taking a course sponsored or associated with a particular Educational Partner (e.g., such as a university or other content partner), we may share information about you and your performance with the university or content partner, including to report on your progress in the course. Information shared with our Educational Partners will be subject to the privacy policies and procedures of such partners.
- Business Partners. With your consent, Talisium may share information that can be used to directly contact you with third party business partners, such as companies that may be offering products or services or other opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Profiles and Career Services. If you opt in to Career Services, your information will be publicly accessible and will be shared with our network of hiring partners, including, without limitation, performance in online courses, demographic information (such gender), details of your Profile and other information related to your work experience and goals.
- Related Entities and Affiliates. We may share information with our affiliated companies that are under the common ownership or control of Talisium.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of Talisium’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, Talisium will comply with such restrictions.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information. From time to time, Talisium may share Aggregate/Anonymous Information about use of the Services, such as, but not limited to, publishing a report on usage trends or survey results, as well graduation rates, careers studies and success rates, and other demographic information provided to us by our learners. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
5. Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
Your Legal Rights
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
- Username and email address associated with your Talisium User Account;
- Online Courses currently or previously enrolled in;
- Approximate date of User Account registration;
- Information you want to view and/or request removed;
- Country of residence; and
- A statement under penalty of perjury that all information in your request is truthful and that this is your User Account or that you have the authorization to make the request on behalf of the owner of the User Account.
Depending on the circumstances and the information you request, we may require additional methods of verification at our discretion.
6. Retention of Your Information
7.Third Party Links and Features
8. How We Protect Your Information
9. Children's Privacy
10. International Users
By using our services, you consent to the storage of your information inside these countries. If you are using the services, please know the information you submit will be transferred to and stored in servers in the United States or other countries. The data protection and other laws of the United States and/or other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By submitting your data and/or using our services, you acknowledge the transfer, storing, and processing of your information in and to these countries.
As described above, Talisium also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, service providers and others in countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, in accordance with applicable law. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage or use.
12. Contact Information
Sahjogita Kathuria is Director Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance in Terumo India Pvt. Ltd.
In her previous experience, she worked with CR BARD, Sanofi Pasture, BAXTER and RANBAXY and has experience in medical devices, biologicals, vaccines and new drugs.
Sahjogita is a certified lead auditor for Medical Device Quality Management System ISO – 13485:2016 and a certified internal auditor ISO – 9001:2008.
Recently, she played a very important part in creating an exclusive forum for Japanese healthcare companies in India named Japan Medical Device Association in India (JMDAI).
Do not miss!
- Internet Explorer (PC) - Select the CTRL key and "+" (plus) to zoom in. Select the CTRL key and "-" (minus) to zoom out. Select CTRL + 0 to return to the default size.
- Firefox (PC) - Select the CTRL key and "+" (plus) to zoom in. Select the CTRL key and "-" (minus) to zoom out. Select CTRL + 0 to return to the default size.
- Chrome (PC) - Select the CTRL key and "+" (plus) to zoom in. Select the CTRL key and "-" (minus) to zoom out. Select CTRL + 0 to return to the default size.
- Safari (Mac OS X) - Select the Command (cmd or Apple) key and "+" (plus) to zoom in. Select the Command (cmd or Apple) key and "-" (minus) to zoom out.
- Safari (iOS) - This is for Safari running on devices such as the iPad and iPhone. Place your index finder and thumb on the screen of the device, leaving only a small amount of space between and them. Keeping your fingers on the screen, move them apart slowly, increasing the space between them. As you move your fingers you will zoom into the page. To zoom out, do the opposite and move your index finger and thumb towards each other until they meet.
- 0 - open this Access Keys Help page (this page). This web page opens in a new window.
- 1 - go to the first page of this e-learning session.
- 2 - skip to main content of current page.
- 3 - open the menu.
- 4 - go to the previous page in current session.
- 5 - go to the next page in current session.
- 6 - go to the help and support on the e-Learning for Healthcare website. This web page opens in a new window.
- Internet Explorer 8 and above (PC)- Hold down the ALT key and the access key. In some cases you may find that you need to hold down the ALT key with the access key and then release both keys and press ENTER.
- Chrome (PC) - Hold down the ALT key and the access key. In some cases you may find that you need to hold down SHIFT+ALT and the access key.
- Chrome (Mac) - Hold down the CTRL+Option (opt) key and the access key.
- Firefox (PC) - Hold down the SHIFT+ALT keys and the access key
- Safari (Mac) - Hold down the CTRL key and the access key
Royal College of Physicians
Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
Member of Federation of Royal Colleges that has supported and contributed material towards the ACUMEN project.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Member of Federation of Royal Colleges that has supported and contributed material towards the ACUMEN project.